Monday, June 29, 2009

A little over half way through...

my EMT-Basic program and I'm @_@!

The pace is very fast but my experience with the skills due to my 40 hour first responder course last summer is paying off. I'm doing fine on the tests and the skills are coming along fine. We get this Saturday, the 4th, off; that helps. I'm getting a little burned out but that week we'll also do our ride along. Not sure when or where yet but it's supposed to be that week. Hard to believe that I'm ready but so many of the others seem totally unconcerned with the ride along or their skill level. Of course, I'm practicing my skills sans skill sheets while many of them read line to line. Some do seem very good.

Started the program with 26 and appear to be down to 22. Last check I was 6; not bad but not where I want to be. Anatomy, at least on crappy black and white photocopies, continues to do me in on quizzes/exams but knowledge and reasoning seem to come pretty easy. The needs and timing of the skills seem to be coming easier for me, finally!

Thanks for following. I'll try to keep you posted a little more frequently.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment